Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lifting Cars Hulk Style And Writing For A Newspaper

Jeez, it's been awhile, hasn't it? Here's my long overdue "life" post.

First off, remember when I updated this blog daily? I do. Even though I miss those good old days, my lack of time has been truly rewarding.

Secondly, I hope the new blog layout is okay. Considering my lack of time to post, I thought a simple and clean layout would work best. I mean, I'm not exactly running a news magazine here. Simple is better, right?

Now onto the good stuff.

Life at a Newspaper -
I feel incredibly thankful to have my job. And I’m in total disbelief that I get paid to do what I do, mostly because I feel like a fake journalist.

Let me explain: the newspaper has weekly meetings, and at those meetings, stories are assigned. So, while everyone else is raising their hands to claim real investigative/controversial stories, I sit idly by doing nothing. Why? Because I’ve already got my own thing going. Which is...

At least once a week I’ll write either a movie review or game review – not exactly earth shattering journalism, or even real journalism for that matter. But I have fun and love my job. So, in a nutshell, I get paid to play games and make people laugh. Very satisfying.

Lifting Cars Hulk Style - For some ungodly reason, I’ve decided to take four PE classes. You might be thinking “well that’s a waste of time.” But nothing could be further from the truth.

Since the beginning of the semester I’ve gained 10 pounds of muscle mass. Which I’m not sure if that’s a lot or normal, but I’m pretty sure my workout schedule isn’t. I run twice-weekly 5k’s, lift weights, run some more, and play badminton.


Not to state the obvious – but I’m bloody exhausted. Furthermore, at the rate I’m going, I’ll be lifting cars and smashing cans against my head in no time. “Hulk smash!”

Dating? -
PE is a great way to meet the ladies. Who knew? If I could invent a flux capacitor, I’d tell my past self to sign up for them sooner.

Seriously, I’m being asked out on dates weekly. Flattering, but we all know it’s because of my Johnny Bravo good looks. Plus it doesn’t hurt to pay them. Joking…
?

School (duh!) -
Not much to say here, other than I’m just as busy with school as ever. Dare I say, even more so? *gasp*

Cheese Tastes So Good -
Yes, cheese is still a part of my daily life. My mind is a fountain of spewing pointless cheese knowledge. And I do emphasize pointless.

Again, nothing new here, except my paycheck getting bigger. *gives the university a bear hug*
Comments 0 comments