Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Time Again!

I really enjoy this holiday, not just because I'm reminded of all the good things in life, but because I'm also reassured that having hundreds upon hundreds of friends and family is not what it's all cracked up to be - especially around this time of year.

I know what you might be thinking right now, "wtf." However, I do have a point, no really.

Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day fulfilling my holiday duty, Christmas shopping. And despite the fact that I was only buying presents for five people, the experience left me with a feeling of thankfulness - "I'm glad I don't know a lot of people, otherwise I couldn't possibly afford Christmas."

Which brought me to another feeling of thankfulness, "I'm glad Thanksgiving has nothing to do with money." As I thought about this more and more, I came to the realization that Thanksgiving is actually what Christmas should be - spending time with friends and family without bringing money into the equation.

Last year I wrote a blog entry about what I was thankful for and in keeping with tradition, I'd like to add to that list.

Dylan Cuthbert
Jay Wamsley
Niero
Damon Lindelof
John Lasseter
Steve Jobs
Wendy Kays
Barack Obama
Comments 0 comments