Monday, November 26, 2007

Why iPhones Are A Pain or A Long General Update

As I write this, my laptops battery life is yelling at me. It has only 10 minutes left of battery life. Which, usually doesn't always mean I have 10 minutes left. It more likely means that I only have 5.

I had a great week! Now, that vacation is over, its back to the sad reality that is my life. Good news is that I start my job today and this semester is getting ever closer to finishing.

*UPDATE* Turns out my laptop did turn off. What did I say about that 10 minute lie!?! More like 3 minutes you liar!

Really I could have just posted something from my iPhone. I'll either post from my computer or my iPhone. Never a public computer, which is what I am using right now. Poor me, I know. Too many eyes looking down at me. Freaks me out!

Speaking of my iPhone, I don't know how many of my readers are familiar with the hacking scene or the firmware related to it but, I've decided to restore my phone to the first firmware then add version 1.1.1. I've been using 1.0.2 all this time because of the stability of it. Mostly I was waiting for the hacking scene to become more stable on 1.1.1 before I committed to a new firmware. The other reason was that I simply got tired of constantly wiping and restoring my phone. But seeing as how there is no hope or need to wipe my phone for future updates(Apple fixed all the exploits in the system), I'm willing to do it one last time.

I'm really looking forward to playing the classic Lucas Arts "point and click" adventure games on my phone. An emulator was just released for the phone that apparently is the best emulator yet for the genre! I missed out on a lot of the classic adventure games and I'm hoping to reconcile by getting my phone up and running.

*A note about the lack of updates etc. etc.*
I've been busy lately, blah blah blah. I've been feeling a little creatively frustrated lately. Rather than promising weekly updates (which I never did, but certainly implied) I'm going to post videos and podcasts when I feel like I have something worth posting. It's the whole quantity versus quality thing. It's important to consider that the style of videos that I make are not vlogging meaning, more work goes into them than just sitting in front of my computer talking about my day....thats why I have a blog!

Anything to add to this post? Let me think. I finished Uncharted, Rayman, and Mario Galaxy. I highly recommend all of those games. Of the three I was most impressed by Uncharted, simply because I did not expect it to be so much fun or so well developed. The voice acting was amazing, just as good as Heavenly Sword! The game really reminded me of Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 4. Check it out if you have a PS3!
Comments 4 comments
PsyGuy said...

-computers don't lie... they're just err'ed :D

-boo for the end of vacation :(

-yay for...darn... iForgot the hax site >_<

-

KaylieXX said...

Did you get all 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy? My brother and I are stuck at 117. We are having the hardest time with the last 3 stars. Grr!!

Tim Russell said...

Yep, I got all 120 stars with both Mario and Luigi. Let me guess your stuck on some purple coin stars?

KaylieXX said...

Yes!! All three we need are purple coin star levels. Ahh!!!