I was on my way home from campus. It was like any other day after a looooong day of class, I just wanted to be home, bad! So you start to be annoyed by each and every light you stop at and even the people crossing the street. "Can't you go any faster? I want to turn left already!" I think to myself. Then as you pull up to the stop light, that you ALWAYS stop at, you hear the most unnerving screech from the tires of a car; witnessing what happened in this picture not too many feet in front of me.
It really brings me back to earth and it's a good reminder that bad things can happen so unexpectedly. Nobody was hurt in this accident thankfully, but it would certainly be bad news for anyone if your only means of transportation just got devoured.
This is the first accident I've ever witnessed as it was happening and also the first time I've given an eye witness report. The cop asked me what I saw, what I heard, where I was at etc.
I suppose the point of this post is that, its surprising when bad things such as this happen, but it's important to realize that they can happen. So be a little more grateful (and careful) that it did not happen to you.

Oh no! Was everyone okay? I hope so.
Post a Comment