Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kyle XY Community Discussions: To C.I.R., With Love

KYLE XY - "To C.I.R., With Love" - Kyle finally tells the Trager family the truth, while he and Jessi take on Madacorp, on "Kyle XY," airing on MONDAY, JANUARY 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on ABC Family.

This marks the first post for the Kyle XY community discussions. As seen here. The idea is to come to this blog before, during, or after the episode airs and leave your thoughts/comments on the show, as well as any scree
nshot requests that you might have from that episode. As far as screenshots go, I'll post as many as I can here, and if there is demand I'll set up a dedicated flickr account.

By the way, this will be the typical format for all Monday discussions and immediately after the episode airs I'll update this same post with my thoughts on the episode. If you would like to participate, click the comment button to the bottom right.

Oh, and lots of spoilers! If you don't want any spoilers, avoid this post completely! These discussions are completely open to spoilers ever week! You've been warned.

Hope to see you around,
-Tim

*UPDATE* My thoughts on "To C.I.R. With Love" SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Wow! If there is one thing that Kyle XY does really well, its the pacing. Despite the incredibly short season that this show is familiar with, the writ
ers consistently manage to give the audience enough answers while pushing the show forward. Balancing intrigue, family values, teen drama, and mystery, this is what makes this show so unique.

"To C.I.R. With Love" Was a great example of a balanced episode. Everything from Kyle revealing his secrets to the Tragers, taking Ballentine out of Mada Corp, and the usual unedited sexual tension between Lori and Declan. This was a great episode in terms of setting up the season.

Oh and the scenes from next weeks episode...good heck! Is Jessie seriously going to be evil again, even after all the redeeming that went on in that episode! Fine be that way ABC Family! You can keep the jacket!...Only teasing, give me the jacket back. I think Jessie being evil for the rest of season 2 is a great idea. I mean, how else are you going to stop Kyle?

Speaking of the big baddies in the show. Mada Corp finally showed there true colors in this
episode which is long over do and much appreciated in my opinion. The show clearly labels Mada Corp as being the bad guys but I've never really found them to be that threatening. So props to the writers for taking that up a notch. Admittedly though, I would like to see them step that up even further without taking away from the other themes of the show.

My favorite moment of the episode: "I call it songs to get felt up by Declan to."

Your favorite moment?
Screenshot requests?


*This screenshot is the kind of quality I'm currently working with. I'm definitely working on making that better and I'm sure I can. I realize its not the best but if you bear with me, I'll do what I can to make it better.

*UPDATE* I can get direct feed screenshots off itunes. So no worries about quality anymore.

Oh and one last thing, not a single Sour Patch Kids commercial! Unless I missed something...

Comments 15 comments
Anonymous said...

zomg

Rebecca said...

Im soooo excited only five minutes till the new season :) yay!!!

Tim Russell said...

five minutes? my comcast says 9pm. I think comcast stashed me into the worst time zone....

Rebecca said...

Sorry, here its like 10 at night now and I just got done watching the new episode that really sucks you have to wait untill 9 because I got to see it at 8 my time!

Tim Russell said...

*sigh* Looks like the majority of the United States gets to watch it before I do. *sigh* oh well, I'll just have to wait my turn. Lucky you Rebecca!

Tim Russell said...

one more hour for me...

KaylieXX said...

I watched it a 5 pm PST, they just finished re-airing it right now, but I'm gonna re-watch it again at 9 pm my time. I loved it!! And the sneak peeks of upcoming episodes were so exciting! OMG I can't wait!

Tim Russell said...

Wait what??? You are now watching it a second time and I have yet to watch it once? *strangles comcast*

Rebecca said...

I have already watched it twice it was aired at 8 and then at 9 back to back!!!

Tim Russell said...

WHY!!?!?!? For all of those people who have already seen the episode, please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments. Spoiler all you want. I'm leaving this thread now and will be back once I have seen it.

Rebecca said...

I would spill but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

KaylieXX said...

Same here...back to back 5 pm and 6 pm...and I'll be glued to the TV once more at 9 pm! *rubbing it in to Tim* LOL

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, I had to watch it at 11pm eastern. No SPK - you might need to change your online name, Tim.

It was a great episode, very well done. The only major plot flaw is that they didn't explain how the *&(* Jessi escaped that jump without a scratch. She was in pain from storing the (now uncompressed) data from Zzyzx, but other than that, she was physically fine. They should have given a cover story.

Rebecca said...

I think you are right nyc but it could be that Kyle, Jessi and Adam can heal themselves because when Adam was shot he was taken to that house so he could heal himself so may be Jessi healed herself like Adam did? *just a thought*

Anonymous said...

I pretty much summed up all my thoughts over at the forums, but one thing I didn't mention that I just thought of was that they didn't really show too much of the Tragers telling Kyle that they still love him for who he is. The only scene that really involved that was the scene between Kyle and Nicole (which was really sweet). I would have liked to have seen more to that.

My favorite scene, I think was the scene with Kyle and Foss.

Kyle: "I'm going to work as hard as I can everyday so that I can be worth it for you."

Foss: "You already are."

OMG, that scene was so awesome.

As for my screen shot request, I request any shots of Kyle in a tux. :D