Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mabinogi: A New Anime MMO

Unlike other video games, when I look at an MMO, I'll decide to play that game solely based on the graphics. In my opinion the graphics in an MMO are a lot more important than most people think. Considering that MMO's are meant to be played endless consuming all your time, don't you want your MMO to look great from one year to the next? I would say that in the game industry, we need to put more effort into graphics for longer length games. 20 hour long games like Crysis shouldn't have the better graphics, it should be the games like Animal Crossing.

This video is for a new MMO called Mabinogi. I just applied to be a closed beta tester for it. If you are also interesting in applying, you can go here. The graphics for this game may not look like Crysis but at least they are stylized and are good enough for me to give the game a shot. Not to mention these graphics are much better than most MMO's out there,.. believe me I've looked.
Comments 0 comments