Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This Blog and Upcomming Changes *gasp*



I'm committed to this blog and to my readers. So I'll be frank with you...

This blog is absolutely grotesque right now. I'm not blind and I'm no where satisfied. While this layout has some unique things going for it and some features that the old one did not, it's just not polished enough. So I'm looking at a couple different options including: different templates and features for blogger including a new URL and more functionality of the widgets and sidebars. I'm also looking at switching over to a wordpress blog. Wordpress blogs have more features and are ultimately more customizable, but a little more difficult to maintain.

*UPDATE* I got a lot done today as you can see. I'm still not finished but I'm going to call it quits for tonight. I'm hoping to have a final banner, categories, and other modifications done by the 100th post.

Hit the link for more.There are some ideas that I want implicated into the more finalized blog including four main categories. These categories will consist of all the different things I plan to ever right about in the future. Here’s an idea of what that looks like: Video Games, Entertainment, Gadgets, and life. So for example on the side bar I'll have those four categories set as buttons to filter what posts you want to read.

I'll do whatever is best for this blog and I'll keep you posted on the changes in the near future. I'm about to hit 100 posts (I'm surprised too) and it would be great if I could get the ball rolling by that 100th post.
Comments 7 comments
Anonymous said...

SO I HERD U LIEK CUTEWITHCHRIS

so do i! :D

Tim Russell said...

"All your dreams are dead."

You heard correctly.

Anonymous said...

the 4.39 million votes have been tabulated and etc :P

Are you going to the live one?

Tim Russell said...

No live show for me. I'm not fortunate enough to experience the awesomeness of Hollywood.

Anonymous said...

me either :P

MAN LINK ME TO THESE KICK ASS TEMPLATES AND LAYOUTS YOU USE

Tim Russell said...

Glad you like the layout. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page there is a link to the creator of this template. Here's a link that helped me learn and decided on templates. http://www.jackbook.com/

But mostly I used google and not just that site.

Clay said...

I really like your blog. Really informative and your life seems pretty sweet. Glad to know you're a fellow KyleXY fan. I've been obsessed with the show since Day 1. Take care.