Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why The Lost Video Game Is Terrible


*Editors Note* This review is bias and represents my unedited feelings toward Ubisoft.

Yesterday the official Lost video game went on sale for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, and many Losties like myself rejoiced. I’m a big Lost fan and I’ve been looking forward to this game for awhile now. So after a long wait, how did the game turn out? Not well.

I had heard some rumblings about this game a week before its release, about how bad it was going to be. I disregarded these statements about the game being bad and instead insisted on fulfilling my needs as a Lost fan. I mean, how bad can it be? I’ve seen the previews, it’s endorsed by Damon Lindeloft and Carlton Cuse, and surely they wouldn’t let me down! When asked in a recent interview how the progression of the game was going Damon replied “ridiculously awesome”…. Well Damon, I’ve played the game and it ridiculously sucks!

Hit the link for the full review

It really takes quite the effort to turn one of televisions most popular and best TV series into one of the worst video games of the past 5 years. Oh and Ubisoft, what is wrong with you? For that matter, what’s wrong with a lot of third party game studies!?! Is it really that hard to make a decent video game??? I watched the credits for this video game Ubisoft, and it was possibly the longest credits I have ever sat through in the history of video games. I haven’t timed them, but I would say 15 minutes easily. How’s it that you can is spends many thousands of dollars employing an endless list of people and yet still produce pure and utter crap on a daily basis?

So what makes this game so bad? The gameplay is terrible. Everything from the fact the character walks very slow to how your character is constantly being snagged by what’s around him. “Oh crap! A rock on the ground! Guess I’m going to have to stop and turn my body to walk around it.” Combat is absolutely horrendous and makes Ubisoft seem like they’ve never played a video game before. The graphics are grotesque with ugly environments and character models, not to mention the interlacing screen tearing issue. Voice acting is…you guessed it, terrible! Someone should remind Ubisoft that this game is based after a TV show played by actors. Environments are very linear, small, and poorly designed…

The list goes on and on. You could easily go into much more detail on the flaws of this game, but by this point I think you get the point. If that isn’t enough of a reason for you to not buy this game, then I don’t know what it is. It’s not worth any of your money! Don’t even pay to rent it! Instead, borrow the game from some poor soul like me. Even then, resist the urge to bend the game in half and flush it down the toilet.

To wrap up this long rant about how bad this game is, you should know that if you are a rabid obsessive fan, and I do mean rabid, you and only you should buy this game….. And to all of you game studies out there putting out pure and utter crap on a monthly basis, your just proof that quantity over quality is a priority in this industry and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Dear EA
Please buy Ubisoft and then go out of the business.

Kind regards,
-Tim
Comments 1 comments
Clay said...

Hey Tim,

Sorry the game didn't meet your expectations. I saw this on display at BestBuy and one of the workers (who must of had the game before it was out) told me to stay away from the game. So I picked up a copy of Kate Nash's CD instead and she is really growing on me. Thanks for getting me hooked on her. Haha. But yeah, I might get the Once soundtrack this weekend, too. Take care, and if I don't talk to you, have a great weekend.

Clay