Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Dangers Of Ebay

Okay so not really. But I thought I'd take this time to explain to people out there whom are not familiar with selling items on eBay. It doesn't always go off without a hitch! I've been using eBay for about 7 years now and I often refer to it as the "more legal ethical form of gambling."

Let me explain: There are many dishonest people out there, by listed your item on eBay, you're subjecting yourself to millions of those very people. Any number of things could go wrong such as; the buyer might not receive the item or the buyer may break it, and then mail it back to you demanding a refund. Oh, and they can get away with it too.

Or in a much more likely situation that I can GUARANTEE will happen to you at some point, the buyer simply will not pay. In which case, you have to go through the nauseating process of contacting the buyer multiple times, wait a week, file an unpaid item dispute, wait a week, and then you'll finally receive your refunded eBay fees. It's a good way to waste two weeks of college student’s life, or anyone looking for steady paycheck on eBay.

I really wish eBay was a simple as it looks, but too many variables come into play. If you're fortunate enough to sell any item over $300, you got lucky. If nothing unethical happens to you over the course of a few years on eBay, you got lucky. On that note, best of luck to everyone who uses eBay!
Comments 1 comments
PsyGuy said...

lol, i've managed to still be an ebay virgin. LOLz.

no trouble for moi.