For a couple of weeks now, a girl I don't know too well (FOR GOOD REASONS) has been calling me up. For example, she'll call to ask for help on homework and various other school related things. I always reluctantly say yes, because I'm not opposed to the idea of helping someone else out.Recently she called me because she needed help moving into her apartment. Again, being the nice guy that I think I am, I said yes. Well I showed up and guess what? She's got two grocery bags and a box, that's it. I thought I was going to be moving furniture or something. It was clear that she didn't need any help at all moving and instead just wanted to see me. Flattering truly, but I was more annoyed than flattered at the situation.
That was a week ago, today she calls me and asks what I'm doing later on, and I reply "Not too much, I've got class later today though." Which was a complete and utter lie to get me out of whatever she was calling for. "You have class on Saturday?!?" she responds. BUSTED! I didn't quite think that one through all the way! "Oh yeah....I'm taking a lot of credits and night classes. So I've got a pretty weird schedule." I retort.
Basically she was calling to see if I wanted to go on a bike ride. I told her I wasn't interested, and this is why I am a terrible horrible person.

Hey this is the most funny (and strangely familiar) thing i have ever read...You are a good writer ,i just skimmed through your blogs but i love your writing its as though i am in your head...lol ,you are not a horrible person i can totally understand why you respond to her the way you do.Her approach is so obvious ,it's slightly scary.If i had half the balls to do what she was doing i would just say "hey ,i like you alot and i was just wondering if you would like to go out with me."
lol that thing with the girl asking you to help her move sounds like something that would happen on sienfeld
i'm guessing all this avoiding is for a good reason, so i won't point fingers and yell. ;)
also, very entertaining post XD
Post a Comment