
I've recently realized how annoyed I am by people speaking down to other people. Specifically I mean, teachers or authority figures speaking down to "lesser" people. Any form of tone or phrase that might imply that the person speaking is more important than the person being spoken to.
It annoys me, A LOT. But, I'm also pretty sure I'm more sensitive on the subject than other people, as I've rarely heard other people protest about such things. With that being said, I admit that it's possible I'm overreacting, but I'm annoyed all the same.
To give you an example of this annoyance, if a teacher says something to the affect of "Come on guys!?!? You can do better than that!", as if spoken as if to a fiver-year old. Guess what? I'm in college, and when a teacher says that to a college class, often times that's being spoken to people 10, 20, 30 years older than myself.
Dear world,
Please note that, there are a lot of immature people in this world. I admit that and I'm not delusional in implying that. It's true that some people who look 20 really do act like they're five, but that doesn't mean that treating them similar to how they act will resolve any issues. It only further degrades them and promotes no sense of self worth.
If you're the type of person who talks down to others in a degrading nature, 'think'. It goes back to that golden rule of, "treat others how you would want to be treated".
Kind regards,
-Tim
*UPDATE* I just want to emphasize that I wrote this post purely based off of what was going on around me. It had not occurred to me when I wrote this, that it could be interpreted as a situation that was directly affecting me. That's not the case at all, I just feel strongly that people need to treat other people better.

tim you break my heart. haha. but yeah I hear ya about that. like I said before, people are dumb.
tim you break my heart. haha. but yeah I hear ya about that. like I said before, people are dumb.
Maybe you should stop acting in such a way that people have to talk down to you. Just sayin'.
"Maybe you should stop acting in such a way that people have to talk down to you. Just sayin'."
OMG!! That was so good, whoever wrote that. LOL Sorry, Tim...I just couldn't help myself. :D
~KaylieXX
Post a Comment